Spinach dip is always a favorite for parties and game day celebrations. It’s easy enough to pick some up at the deli on your way, but why not take the extra step of making yours at home? That way you know exactly what’s in it and can adjust for your tastes. And everyone will be impressed that you made it from scratch!
This recipe is inspired from Simply in Season.
Garlic Spinach Dip
- 2 Tbs garlic minced; I used two large cloves, which turned out to not be enough. I added another two after the first blending. Would double this at the beginning next time. I also added two sliced radishes at this stage.
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves trimmed and torn (I used the stems too--I figured why not, since it's going in the food processor? I think Swiss Chard would also work and will try that next time.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened; I substituted homemade fromage blanc
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 dash Tabasco to taste I substituted a squirt of Sriracha sauce
Saute' the garlic in 1 tsp oil until soft.
Chop the spinach, then add to frypan until it wilts. May need to add water to prevent sticking. Add the spinach and garlic to a food processor or blender.
Add remaining ingredients and serve as is or heated. Garnish with tomato and/or cheese and serve with pita wedges or tortilla chips.
The Verdict: I asked DH if I should add artichokes like they do in the restaurant and he said no, it’s perfect. He loved it, and so did I! He added his to a chicken salad wrap that he made, which is another great use. He said I have to make this again.
More Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
Super Savory Recipes
- Air Fryer Hot Wings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Bacon Ranch Skillet Nachos by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers by My World Simplified
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Beer Battered Mushroom Bites by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Bourbon Beef and Bean Chili by Cooking on the Ranch
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread wtih Bacon by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Nachos by Simple and Savory
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Football-Shaped Meat and Cheese Plate by Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic Spinach Dip by Wholistic Woman
- Hot Mexican Dip Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Oven Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Piglets in Milk Bun Blankets by Wild Wild Whisk
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dippers by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pork Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spinach and Artichoke Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Stout Braised Meatballs with Bacon Jam by Gourmet Everyday
- Super Easy Spicy Green Onion Dip by Cooking Chat
- Super Simple Salmon Bites by Bites of Wellness
Sweet Super Recipes
- Mexican Buñuelos (Cinnamon and Sugar Fritters) by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Peanut Butter and Caramel Stuffed Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Easy S’mores Dessert Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Touchdown Turtle Brownie Bites by Soulfully Made
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.