This side dish from Simply in Season is super quick tastes like summer.
- 4 C okra (cleaned and trimmed, I sliced mine)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 sweet peppers (chopped)
- 1 chili pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- salt to taste
- Saute’ the okra in 2 T of olive oil in a large frying pan for about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers and saute’ until translucent, using medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes (I covered the vegetables at this point). Salt to taste.
The Verdict: DH was at a brewing meeting, so I made this for a light supper. LOVED the flavor. And somehow the okra snot disappeared after adding the tomatoes, which is a good thing. I could imagine this as a main dish served over polenta and topped with cheese. Maybe add some black beans.
For more recipes check out Real Food Wednesday