This week’s Sunday Supper theme is Best Holiday Dessert. And the way that my life is going right now, the best holiday dessert involves alcohol. That’s why I decided to submit Pumpkin Patch Cocktail from Fresh From the Market.
- 2 oz Coole Swan Irish cream liqueur or other Irish cream liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz Stoli Vanil vodka
- 1 oz pumpkin syrup, preferably Monin brand
- Freshly ground nutmeg
The Verdict: YUM! This is definitely a dessert drink, and I LOVED it. Feel free to mix it up with pumpkin spice syrup instead of plain pumpkin, or use your favorite Irish cream liqueurs or vanilla vodkas.
More Holiday Desserts
Bars and Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Shortbread Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Best Pecan Pie Bars by Life Tastes Good
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Clementine Cake with Cranberry Glaze by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pecan Cake with Coconut Rum Frosting by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Syrup Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Japanese Sugar Plum Fairy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Moms Texas Sheet Cake by My Life Cookbook
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Rave Review Coconut Cake by Family Around The Table
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Chocolate Eggnog Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Raspberry Cheesecake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Patch Cocktail by Wholistic Woman
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie by This is How I Cook
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Perfect Plum Pie from Art of the Pie #Giveaway by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pumpkin Spice Mochi by Cricket’s Confections
- Purple Yam-Ube Blueberry Tart by Asian in America
- Swedish Apple Pie Cups with Date Caramel Sauce by Simple and Savory
Puddings and Creams
- Arroz Con Leche with Coconut and Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Cranberry Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Rauhreif – German Apple Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This is my kind of pumpkin! I seriously think I might be in love with this recipe, with the picture, with the idea, with…. you get the idea. I wish we had this stuff so I could whip one up when I get home!
Well that sounds interesting! I have to admit, I’m not much of a cocktail drinker either. I love fine wines and craft beer. But much like you, I’ve been reading about seasonal cocktails and I’ve been wanting to try a candy corn martini.
The Local Cook
Mmmm, candy corn martini sounds awesome!
Stumbled across this while looking for cocktails for a Halloween Party. We tried a sample last night and really liked it, ….so it’s going on the menu for our party this weekend.
BTW: The Coole Swan drink is excellent on it’s own, particularly when chilled. It has a delicious chocolate and vanilla undertaste and I would never go back to Baileys or the other cheap Irish creams.
We swirled some Chambord into it in a martini glass to make it look like a splash of blood. It was delicious. You could use any red fruit liqueur or fruit syrup. So this is our second themed cocktail for the party.
Thanks for the idea,
The Local Cook
Thanks for the tips! I will definitely seek out the Coole Swan . . . there are a couple of “good” liquor stores around here and if I don’t find it, the one I went to will order it in for me. Glad you let me know!
The Ninja Baker
Wonderful way to say cheers during the holidays! Very curious about the pumpkin syrup. Thanks for the intro!