- Category: Main Dish
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces (about half a bag) of baby shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces bag of baby spinach
- Cook the quinoa. I used a rice cooker--simply put 2 C of water and 1 C of quinoa (rinsed!) in the rice cooker and flip the switch. Warning, it will NOT switch off for some reason. You'll want to check it in about 15 minutes or so. I added a squirt of lime and a Tbsp or so of chopped cilantro so it could get nice and flavorful while it cooked.
- Saute' the onion in a large frying pan until nice and soft; add the garlic; when it smells nice and ready add the shrimp (can be a bit frozen) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You'll feel super fancy if you use the fresh-ground. May need to add a bit of water. Squirt some more lime juice on there. Stir until the shrimp seems cooked through. Then add the spinach and cook until just wilted. Can also add some more cilantro if desired. (I really like cilantro, can you tell?)
- By this time the quinoa should be done. Add that to the mixture, stir, and heat through a bit more. Voila!