This was the only autumn bread recipe from Simply in Season that I can eat/make since I’m allergic to cranberries (keep an eye out for guest bloggers, though!)
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C wheat germ
- 1 C sugar (I ran out and used about 3/4 C sugar and 1/4 C stevia for baking)
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each ginger, nutmeg, cloves (optional).
Mix together and make a well.
- 2 1/2 C pumpkin
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 C pecans or other nuts
- 1 C raisins or dates (chopped, optional).
Add to the well and mix until just moistened. Pour into 2 greased 9×5 inch loaf pans and bake at 350F until toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely before slicing.
The verdict: Seriously yummy. Couldn’t even tell that I used part Stevia.