- Yield: 8 waffles
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (finely ground in blender)
- 1 cup pecans (finely ground)
- 2 T baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Melt 1/2 C butter and set aside to cool.
- Cook and mash 2 C of sweet potatoes, stir along with 6 eggs (beaten) and 2 C milk into the cooled butter.
- Stir together 1 C whole wheat flour, 1 C rolled oats (finely ground in blender), 1 C pecans (finely ground), 2 T baking powder, 2 tsp salt.
- Sift together into the sweet potato mixture. Mix until combined and bake in a hot waffle iron.