- Category: Main Dish
- 1 pound pasta (whole wheat penne is suggested, but twists or some other shape would probably work too)
- 7 leaves fresh sage, thinly sliced (I didn\'t have any so I used tarragon. Hey, it was green!)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- one (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree (I used the flesh from the hubbard and guessed at the quantity)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped (the original recipe called for a 3 shallots, but I didn\'t have any)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (could use lard or butter or any other oil - it\'s for sauteeing the vegs)
- Parmesan cheese, to grate over top
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute\' the onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 5 more minutes, until thickened. Stir in the sage if using fresh.
- Toss pasta and sauce and let people top with the Parmesan cheese.