This week’s Sunday Supper theme is coffee, and I decided to share this recipe from The Simple Art of Eating Well. It is a snap to throw together and very tasty to boot. If you’re not a fan of cardamom, you can substitute cinnamon. Perfect to accompany a cup of cofeee!
The Verdict: The flavor is AWESOME! DH and his brew buddies enjoyed it, although DH thought it was a little dry (duh, it’s coffee cake). I’m thinking that bits of apple or dried figs would be a good addition.
Looking for more coffee-inspired creations? Check out these links!
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Molasses Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Coffee Baked Beans by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Oh, I love the smell and taste of cardamom, but don’t have many recipes that use it. Thanks for sharing this, I can’t wait to give it a try!
mmm! This does look good and not too unhealthy either! YUM!
Adrienne @ Whole New Mom.com
This looks wonderful! It reminds me of a cinnamon cake that I always used to make when we were eating sugar :(. I have been able to replicate a lot of recipes w/ “healthy” sugar alternatives, though so I just might have to give this a whirl! If I remember I’ll have to compare the recipes and let you know what the differences are b/c they seem so similar!
I love how whole wheat pastry flour turns out in these recipes…hearty but very light.
I wish I’d seen this when my in-laws were down!
It might turn the coffee cake into a tea cake, but when I think of cardamom I immediately think of chai tea. Perhaps some chai tea powder in the crumb would be good?
The Local Cook
Oooh love that idea! I’m a huge chai fan . . . hmm, might have to do some experimenting.
This sounds absolutely scrumptious! I think I have some cardamom in my cabinet, too. 🙂
Oh yum, I love cardamom! I wish it weren’t so expensive, so more people could stock it in their spice cupboard. 😉 So heavenly!!
My mom’s chuck roast recipe uses cardamom! You should check it out if you love cardamom (although it uses a bit, I wouldn’t say I can pick out that flavor when it’s done… but it does have an amazing flavor!). 🙂
Jen @ BigBinder
I think you should re-name it “Breakfast Stout Cake” and see if washing it down with beer goes well! Thanks for linking up!
I just purchased some Cardamom. This looks like a yummy recipe.
Michelle @ On and Off My Plate
Ohhhhh…Mister and FIL love anything and everything with cardamom! I will have to make this next time they come over for brunch! Thanks for sharing this.
This looks great! I love cardamom in baking. It also pairs really well with oranges and cranberries!
This looks so yummy!
This looks lovely!!!
Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17
Wendy, thank you so much for being a constant quality contributor to “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17!
So moist and perfect! Thanks for hosting the event this week!!!