This soup was SUPER easy. One thing I love about the Simply in Season recipes, they are easy and lend themselves to adapting to whatever you have on hand.
Fresh Tomato Soup
- 8 tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water (or vegetable juice)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or vegetable)
- 1 tsp sugar
- snipped fresh basil to taste
- Chop the tomatoes and place in a pot on medium high.
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
YUM! Dear Husband said “this is good! And I don’t even like tomato soup.”
I love fresh tomato soup. I also like to freeze some so I can have a bowl in the dead of winter. Tomato soup with garlic plus basil is wonderful. nice picture
Fresh tomato soup is wonderful! It is impossible to go back to the canned some after eating fresh soup. Thanks for the book recommendation, it sounds perfect for a gardener.
Visiting you from EKats Friday Potluck. This tomato soup recipe is a keeper for me. I’ll eat it with a sandwich and I’ll be happy forever!! Thanks for sharing 🙂