I don’t remember when I first had parsnips, but ever since they have been one of my favorite vegetables. Whether made into “parsnip fries” or just sauteed in butter, I just can’t get enough!
This recipe from Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today’s Produce With More Than 350 Recipes is a great side dish to go with venison. It’s the perfect fall meal! The balsamic helps to cut the sweetness of the parsnips.
Other Holiday Side Dish Ideas
Fruity Side Dishes
- Cranberry Apple Relish by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Pineapple Bake by This is How I Cook
- Pecan Cranberry Jello Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Side Dishes
- Chestnut Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Potato Dinner Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
Potato Side Dishes
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes by Cookin’ Mimi
- Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Red Potatoes by Food Done Light
- Southern Praline Sweet Potato Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Southwestern Potato Bake by The Freshman Cook
- Stacked Sweet Potatoes by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Sage Butter by Cooking Chat
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Acorn Squash and Brussel Sprout Side Dish by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts by The Crumby Cupcake
- Braised Red Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candied Acorn Squash by Cricket’s Confections
- Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- German Green Bean Salad (Bohnensalat) by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole by Family Around The Table
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Miso Glazed Corn by NinjaBaker.com
- Pan Roasted Carrots with Apple Molasses by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Cranberries by The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Walnut Pesto by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Onions with Parsley Pesto by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Parsnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme by Feeding Big
- Spicy Balsamic Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Corn Pudding by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Visiting from Rook No. 17’s A Little Birdie Told Me linky party. I love parsnips. Thanks for the recipe.
I can’t say that I’ve ever had parsnips, but they sound really good with the oil and spices. Something new to try!
I’ve been roasting parsnips a lot lately, but I never would have thought to try them with the balsamic vinegar. Sounds super tasty!
Oooh venison chops and parsnips, now that’s my kind of meal! I hardly ever have balsamic vinegar, though. I think I don’t want to buy it because I know I can’t afford the really good stuff, and I want to try the really good stuff, even though I know that the less expensive stuff actually really works very well in a lot of applications. Great idea, thanks for linking with the Hearth and Soul hop.
These look super yummy, we have just gotten into eating and growing parsnips and love them roasted, I will try the balsamic vinegar next time!
Brittany @Real Sustenance
I made something similar this evening with Carrots!
Hope you will share this recipe at Seasonal Sundays!
Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17
I haven’t had parsnips since I was a child, and loved them back then. I look forward to introducing them to my family with your recipe! Thank you so much for sharing and taking part in another “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesday at Rook No. 17. I always enjoy and appreciate your contributions! Best, Jenn